Wednesday 9 May 2012

Eye Mask

With Mothers Day almost here, I wanted to make something to donate to my daughters school for their Mothers Day Stall. I have never actually owned an eye mask so thought it would be great to make one, and also thought it would make a lovely gift! I just used cotton, however, you could use satin or even a fluffy mink on the back which would feel lovely on your eyes! I did use patterned fabric for the front and a plain fabric on the back for something a little different - and the eye mask is reversible, so can be worn either way. I found this pattern at http://www.the-red-kitchen.com/ which has lots of other cool stuff on there too - worth checking out!! 

5 comments:

  1. Love them, sweetie. Still can't work out how to follow you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks martha. If you click on follow this site on the left of the home page & then select yahoo (as thats the email acc you have) you should be able to sign in & join. Let me know how you go x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I would do that, Suzy, if there was a "Follow this Site" to the left of your homepage but all I see is "Followers" and nothing happens when I click that. I'm obviously seeing something different to you.

    Wooooo, great dress! How did you find sewing with stretch? It looks to be much thicker than the fabric I was using - I think mine was jersey? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look into this for you Martha & get back to you. I know the options are different when you view the blog via mobile but will also check when I view the site on the work computer tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. Ps. The fabric I used for the dress was great to sew with as although it was stretch, it was quite thick so didn't 'wiggle' all over the place when I was sewing!! X

      Delete