Friday 12 October 2012

Sewing Tip - GATHERING

I cant believe how quickly these last two months have flown, and how 'not very often' Ive had the opportunity to blog! I promise though there will be a weekly addition now that I am a little more organised!
I had to add this little sewing tip before I completely forgot as I think it is SO VERY CLEVER! Over at one of my regular blogging stops, Dana Made It, I came across a very interesting tip on gathering. As I seem to be doing alot of this with my sewing projects lately I was very excited!
Instead of doing your usual long stitch from one end of the fabric to the other and then back again - Dana explains that if you change the tension on your machine to the highest possible & put your stitch on the longest, your machine will actually gather the fabric as you sew. AMAZING! I was a bit sceptical at first, but sure enough it worked perfectly! I will most certainly be using this method more often. I shared this tip with my mum who in all her years of sewing had not been aware of this - and she is now desperate to give it a go!! Maybe you should try it out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment